Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24

Sorry for not updating the blog for a while, but I've been pretty busy doing absolutely nothing haha.
Over the past couple of days I have been trying to get back into the swing of things, but it's a bit difficult since I have a picc in my arm. Having this in my arm makes it pretty hard to do about anything. I can only lift things that are less than 10 pounds with it in, so I'm more or less limited to doing nothing but sleeping, reading, and just relaxing....which is exactly what I've been needing for the past two months or so. Also, over these past few weeks, I've learned a lot about being patient. The antifungal medication that I'm on requires 6 hours of my day (every day) of me being hooked up to an IV. And if you know me, I cannot sit still for that long. In order for me to through each session, I have to constantly ask for patience and try to get my mind wrapped around something else.
As for the meningitis, I have no more symptoms of pain, weakness, or anything of that sort. Yesterday I went to the hospital to get another Lumbar Puncture and everything went extremely well. My spinal fluid was no longer a burnt orange color, but it was crystal clear (which is what it's supposed to be) and it only took the doctor one try to get the puncture in the right place...which made me very happy.
Now I'm just waiting to get the results back from the lumbar puncture to see how much longer I will need to have this picc in my arm. I'm fairly confident that it will be 4 weeks or less, and not 6 weeks like they originally expected.

Also, this morning when I woke up, I got on my email to find that Seth Bolt (the bass player for NEEDTOBREATHE) had emailed me! He just wanted to encourage me and let me know that I'm not going through this alone....and that they were keeping me in their prayers as well. That was pretty cool hear that. He even sent me two songs, one of which is going to be on their new album that comes out this summer, and another one that he and a friend wrote called, "Gates of Fire". He even said that he wanted to dedicate that song to "The fighter in me". Awesome stuff!

Well that's all I have for today. I'll try to post stuff sooner, so that you guys can stay informed.

Prayer requrests:
Headaches from the Lumbar puncture
That the picc won't bleed all the time
That I can continue to be more patient

Thanks:
I'm alive and doing well!! haha
The doctors are all surprised by how fast I'm healing
Getting to spend more time with my family

1 comment: