Sunday, June 26, 2011

Slappin Da Bass!

Well today has been one of the best days since I've been out of the hospital.
This morning when I got to church, I walked into the sanctuary to see the worship team practicing for the service. When the worship pastor realized that it was me, he just said, "Craig! Wanna play the bass?"....and of course I said yes. So, I got to play for the first time in about 4 months (mainly because of school), which I really enjoyed. I also got to share with the church everything that I've been going through.
Then After the first service, I handed off my bass to Chris because I had to go home and start my IV. Shortly after starting my IV, my old youth pastor came by bearing a huge cooler full of Stripped bass that he was going to deep fry for me and my family. It was absolutely amazing! We had fish, homemade cole slaw, macaroni and cheese, and good ol' Dr. Pepper. We talked about all of his cool stories, stories of how crazy all of us kids were, and much more.
Now I'm just hanging out at home waiting for some friends to come over so we can have a small bonfire and roast some marsh mellows. It's been a great day. Definitely one of the best since I've been home.

Last but not least, I've been trying to shoot the ground hogs that keep digging under our sheds, but I've missed every time. We just got a new .22 and we're still trying to get it sighted in....I guess I should bring the 30-.06 out of retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment